For the typical racehorse owner a lack of information, the absence of a systematic approach, and emotional and behavioural factors often lead to irrational or inappropriate horse management decisions. An established investment policy statement ensures clear objectives and expectations for all parties.
As an owner of race horses you face a critical decision: to whom should you entrust your "athletes"? As a training organization we, too, face a critical decision as to whom we select as a client. We will meet with you in person for an initial interview to determine your needs and expectations, which will allow us to get to know you. We will do this by asking questions and listening to your answers. We will discuss what we can and can't do. If we cannot do what our clients want and expect, assuming that the wants and needs are reasonable, then we will both be unhappy in the relationship. Better to clarify that earlier rather than later. Arravale Racing will not be right for everyone and the initial interview should enable both parties to determine if we can develop a successful business relationship.
Should we agree to proceed into a business relationship we will draw up a contract which both parties will sign outlining the terms of our agreement. It is our intention to meet with our owners outside the racetrack at least once a year if possible to update files, review performance and outline future plans.
The horse belongs to the owners. We are absolutely driven by the need to keep owners fully updated and in the loop. Communication is vitally important to us; success on the track is only part of the story. We are passionate about making sure that the owner's experience is an enjoyable, inclusive time to share with friends and family. We want our owners to be able to participate in and enjoy in full the thrills of owning a race horses.
• We will issue regular newsletters and updates by conventional mail and e-mail.
• Every owner will be informed of upcoming race entries and jockey bookings when they are made.
• The night before a race, every owner will receive a detailed race preview highlighting their horse's opportunity.
• If an owner cannot be at the track, they will receive an e-mail from us at the track with any updates, and another within minutes after the race with feedback from the trainer and jockey.
• The morning after the race every owner will be informed via e-mail as to the well-being of the horse.
Each owner is provided with an Arravale Racing binder, which enables the owner to easily maintain in one location all relevant horse ownership documents. This binder will include tabs for individual horse photographs, pedigree, with analysis and comments, trainer's comments, winners' circle photographs, race charts, news articles.